- EDP Operational Flowchart – guidance on what faculty/administrators to email when you have a logistical question.
- UK Counseling Psychology 2-Page Brochure
- Preparing Professional Psychologists to Serve a Diverse Public – to be read by students prior to first-year orientation.
- Counseling Psychology Model Training Values Statement Addressing Diversity – to be read by students prior to first-year orientation.
- UK CP Program Policies Consent Form – to be signed by all students at first-year orientation.
- EDP Student Travel Funding Policy (effective September 2018) – instructions for applying for travel funding from EDP Chair a month in advance of the conference you wish to attend
- UK Graduate Student Congress (GSC) Travel, Research, and Service Awards information
- UK Graduate School, Student Funding website – provides information on assistantships, fellowships, funding opportunities, and the UK Graduate School, Graduate School Incentive Program
- UK Human Resources (HR), UK Jobs Portal – where graduate students search and apply for certain campus-wide assistantships
- UK COE Spring Research Conference – annual spring conference where undergraduate and graduate students from UK, UofL, and UCinn can present research (mostly posters) in a friendly environment to help build their CVs.
- Kentucky Psychological Association (KPA) Spring Academic Conference – annual spring conference where undergraduate and graduate students can present research (mostly posters) to help build their CVs
- EDP Assistantships List (Restricted) – provides a list of assistantships and scholarships that EDP students have held recently, along with a description of the duties and contact person for each assistantship.
- EDP Course Schedule (Restricted) – details what and when EDP classes will be taught by whom during the next several years.
- Names and Emails of UK Counseling Psychology Students (Restricted) – useful when you wish to reach out to fellow students regarding planning student events, etc.
- Low-Cost Personal Psychotherapy Services Available to Current CP Students (Restricted)
- University of Kentucky Graduate School Bulletin
- Incomplete (I) Grade Record
- Faculty Grievance Procedure
- Archives (older Handbooks and Programs of Study)
- Faculty request to update their faculty page or directory listing maintained by COE IT Department
Doctoral Program (PhD) Materials
- Counseling Psychology PhD Program Handbook for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 9/6/18)
- Counseling Psychology PhD Program of Study (POS) for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 8/1/18)
- Counseling Psychology PhD Course Timetable excel file (revised 5/14/18)
- Counseling Psychology PhD Course Waiver Form (revised 5/3/18)
- Research Portfolio Guidelines (revised 9/14/18)
- Annual Review Faculty Survey – completed by Major Professor via Qualtrics by referencing the Minimum Levels of Achievement listed on the Word Document version of the Survey; Major Professor will email PDF copy of Survey responses to each post-master’s student in late August).
- August Student Survey – completed by all post-bachelor and post-master’s PhD students via Qualtrics by August 22nd of each year; Student will email PDF copy of Survey responses to Faculty Chair along with other supporting materials described in the Survey and Handbook. Here’s a Walkthrough Video to help familiarize you with the Survey).
- Doctorate (PhD) Program Aims, Competencies, and Knowledge (revised 5/2/18)
- UK Preparing Future Faculty Program – provides professional development guidance to graduate students who wish to explore or pursue a faculty career
Master’s Program (MS) Materials
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program Handbook for students entering Fall 2017 (revised 2/6/18)
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program Handbook for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 5/15/18)
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program of Study (POS) for students entering Fall 2017 (revised 8/9/17)
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program of Study (POS) for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 5/15/18)
- Final Examination for Master’s (FEM) Procedures (revised 5/15/18) – exam taken during March of final spring semester of MS program.
- Practicum Guidelines (revised 7/26/18) – essential information all CP students must know about how to apply and succeed in practicum. Read this carefully prior to the Practicum Open House each spring semester.
- UK CP Practicum Site Encyclopedia (Restricted) – a curated database of agencies that UK CP students may be eligible to complete clinical practicum at.
- UK CP Student Evaluation of Practicum Site Summary (Restricted) – summarizes student feedback about the nature, pro’s, and con’s of their training experience at various practicum sites.
- 2019 Practicum Open House Letter (currently under revision) – Practicum Site Supervisors & Training Directors interested in taking our practicum students should review this letter.
- Introduction to UK Counseling Psychology Practicum Trainees – Practicum Site Supervisors & Training Directors interested in taking our practicum students should review this introduction.
- Practicum Hours Record – To keep track of your clinical hours during practicum, you have a few options. You can track your hours using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file (e.g., Example 1, Example 2), use the online tracking service Time2Track, or use an alternative online tracking platform such as PsyKey. See the instructions in your practicum syllabus for how to submit your Practicum Hours Record to your faculty practicum instructor. If you wish to get a doctorate and thus will need to apply for pre-doctoral internship, you will need to report your clinical hours in this way.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) (revised 9/28/18) – Signed by the trainee, practicum site individual supervisor, and faculty practicum instructor at the start of each semester. This ensures mutual transparency about trainee goals and the supervisory relationship. This MOU is NOT used by PhD students at UKCC, as UKCC has its own MOU.
- Practicum Supervisor Evaluation of Student (revised 12/6/18) – online evaluation completed by the field supervisor. Provide this hyperlink to the supervisor, telling them this is how they will submit their final Evaluation of you. Upon filling out the Evaluation, the automatically generated summary report should be printed/saved by the supervisor and signed by both the supervisor and student, who should then email a PDF of the doubly-signed report to the faculty practicum instructor by Finals Week. The instructor will place it in your permanent SharePoint file. You are encouraged to bring the paper version (don’t use this for the official final Evaluation) to your second-to-last supervision session with your field supervisor so that the two of you can have an open discussion about your perceived performance, so that the supervisor can give you the most accurate ratings possible on the final evaluation.
- Please note that UKCC practicum supervisors will instead fill out a slightly different paper version of the Evaluation provided by the supervisor, which the students should (1) enter rating-for-rating and word-for-word into the electronic Evaluation on their behalf and then (2) scan the doubly-signed paper Evaluation to PDF for emailing to the faculty practicum instructor. Please note that the UKCC version of the Evaluation is slightly different, in that it does not have the two Socio-Contextual-Development Perspective items–just mark “NA” for these two items when entering ratings into the electronic Evaluation on their behalf.
- Practicum Student Evaluation of Site – online evaluation completed by the practicum student. The student should use this link to submit their evaluation of their practicum site, by the last practicum class for each semester. This data is used to create the UK CP Student Evaluation of Practicum Site Summary listed at the top of this section.
- Practicum Paperwork Protocol Descriptions for Practicum Syllabi (revised 7/26/18) – descriptions for us by faculty in their practicum syllabi. These descriptions align with the latest revision of the Practicum Guidelines and program Handbooks.
UK Counseling Psychology students and faculty can view the restricted files page, which is password protected. Please email Dr. Hammer to request the password.