- EDP Operational Flowchart – guidance on what faculty/administrators to email when you have a logistical question.
- UK Counseling Psychology 2-Page Brochure
- Preparing Professional Psychologists to Serve a Diverse Public – to be read by students prior to first-year orientation.
- Counseling Psychology Model Training Values Statement Addressing Diversity – to be read by students prior to first-year orientation.
- UK CP Program Policies Consent Form – to be signed by all students at first-year orientation.
- EDP Student Travel Funding Policy (revised 3-28-19) – instructions for applying for travel funding from EDP Chair by the April 15th (for travel between 7/1 and 11/30) and November 1st (for travel between 12/1 and 6/30) deadlines
- UK Graduate Student Congress (GSC) Travel, Research, and Service Awards information
- UK Graduate School, Student Funding website – provides information on assistantships, fellowships, funding opportunities, and the UK Graduate School, Graduate School Incentive Program
- UK Tuition and Fees – look up the correct year’s cost for graduate students who are either in or out of state
- UK Human Resources (HR), UK Jobs Portal – where graduate students search and apply for certain campus-wide assistantships
- UK COE Spring Research Conference – annual spring conference where undergraduate and graduate students from UK, UofL, and UCinn can present research (mostly posters) in a friendly environment to help build their CVs.
- Kentucky Psychological Association (KPA) Spring Academic Conference – annual spring conference where undergraduate and graduate students can present research (mostly posters) to help build their CVs
- EDP Assistantships List (Restricted) – provides a list of assistantships and scholarships that EDP students have held recently, along with a description of the duties and contact person for each assistantship.
- EDP Course Schedule (Restricted) – details what and when EDP classes will be taught by whom during the next several years.
- Names and Emails of UK Counseling Psychology Students (Restricted) – useful when you wish to reach out to fellow students regarding planning student events, etc.
- Low-Cost Personal Psychotherapy Services Available to Current CP Students (Restricted)
- University of Kentucky Graduate School Bulletin
- Incomplete (I) Grade Record
- Faculty Grievance Procedure
- Archives (older Handbooks and Programs of Study)
- Faculty request to update their faculty page or directory listing maintained by COE IT Department
Doctoral Program (PhD) Materials
- Counseling Psychology PhD Program Handbook for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 9/6/18)
- Counseling Psychology PhD Program of Study (POS) for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 8/1/18)
- Counseling Psychology PhD Course Timetable excel file (revised 5/14/18)
- Counseling Psychology PhD Course Waiver Form (revised 5/3/18)
- Counseling Psychology PhD Course Waiver Protocol (revised 4/2/19)
- Research Portfolio Guidelines (revised 9/14/18)
- Annual Review Faculty Survey – completed by Major Professor via Qualtrics by referencing the Minimum Levels of Achievement listed on the Word Document version of the Survey; Major Professor will email PDF copy of Survey responses to each post-master’s student in late August).
- August Student Survey – completed by all post-bachelor and post-master’s PhD students via Qualtrics by August 22nd of each year; Student will email PDF copy of Survey responses to Faculty Chair along with other supporting materials described in the Survey and Handbook. Here’s a Walkthrough Video to help familiarize you with the Survey).
- Doctorate (PhD) Program Aims, Competencies, and Knowledge (revised 5/2/18)
- UK Preparing Future Faculty Program – provides professional development guidance to graduate students who wish to explore or pursue a faculty career
Master’s Program (MS) Materials
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program Handbook for students entering Fall 2017 (revised 2/6/18)
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program Handbook for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 5/15/18)
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program of Study (POS) for students entering Fall 2017 (revised 8/9/17)
- Counseling Psychology Master’s (MS) Program of Study (POS) for students entering Fall 2018 (revised 5/15/18)
- Final Examination for Master’s (FEM) Procedures (revised 2/6/19) – exam taken during March of final spring semester of MS program.
- What To Do During MS Program to be Ready to Apply for LPA in KY (Restricted) – video guide on how to prepare for pursuing licensure as a Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA) and then later a Licensed Psychological Practitioner (LPP), for those thinking about this route.
- Practicum Guidelines (revised 1/30/19) – essential information all CP students must know about how to apply and succeed in practicum. Read this carefully prior to the Practicum Open House each spring semester.
- UK CP Practicum Site Encyclopedia (Restricted) – a curated database of agencies that UK CP students may be eligible to complete clinical practicum at.
- UK CP Student Feedback about Prac Sites (Restricted) – summarizes student feedback about the nature, pro’s, and con’s of their training experience at various practicum sites.
- UK CP Student Practicum at Eastern State Hospital, Special Instructions (Restricted) – provides instructions for what you must do once you have accepted an offer to complete practicum at Eastern State Hospital.
- 2019 Practicum Open House Letter – Practicum Site Supervisors & Training Directors interested in taking our practicum students should read this letter.
- Why Hire UK Counseling Psychology Practicum Students – Practicum Site Supervisors & Training Directors interested in taking our practicum students should review this cost-benefit analysis of taking our practicum students.
- Video Explanation of Practicum Protocol & Paperwork – Dr. Hammer walks students through the procedures and documentation required to receive a passing practicum course grade.
- Practicum Hours Record – To keep track of your clinical hours during practicum, you have a few options. You can track your hours using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file (e.g., Example 1, Example 2), use the online tracking service Time2Track, or use an alternative online tracking platform such as PsyKey. See the instructions in your practicum syllabus for how to submit your Practicum Hours Record to your faculty practicum instructor. If you wish to get a doctorate and thus will need to apply for pre-doctoral internship, you will need to report your clinical hours in this way.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) (revised 1/1/19) – signed by the student and on-site individual clinical supervisor during their first supervision session of the semester. This ensures mutual transparency about trainee goals and the supervisory relationship. This MOU is NOT used/submitted by practicum students at UKCC because UKCC has its own MOU.
- Practicum Supervisor’s Evaluation of Student – online survey completed at the end of the semester by the on-site individual clinical supervisor regarding the professional performance of their community practicum supervisee. (You can download the paper version of this Evaluation to see what it looks like in advance, but the final evaluation must be submitted via online survey.) However, because UKCC uses a slightly different paper form version of this Evaluation, practicum students at UKCC will need to enter the Final ratings and free-response feedback, word for word, into this online survey on behalf of their supervisor.
- Practicum Student Feedback about Site – online survey completed at the end of the semester by the practicum student. This data is used to create the UK CP Student Feedback about Prac Sites listed at the top of this Practicum Materials section.
- Language for use in our Practicum Syllabi (revised 1/30/19) – descriptions of practicum paperwork requirements (MOU, Hours, Evals) that will be included in EDP 664/665 practicum syllabi. These descriptions align with the latest revision of the Practicum Guidelines and program Handbooks.
UK Counseling Psychology students and faculty can view the restricted files page, which is password protected. Please email Dr. Hammer to request the password.