UK College of Education Office of Strategic Communications
About the Office
The Office of Strategic Communications helps to tell the story of the College of Education's vibrant community of students, faculty, and staff.
Work with our office to ensure clear, cohesive messaging and branding through a broad range of channels to effectively communicate and support relationships with stakeholders.
By working with our office, you help project a clear, unifying image for your university and college. All materials/items representing the college and its programs should be created and/or approved by the communications team – particularly those bearing the university or college logo.
Please note: for promotion and other communication support of an upcoming event, please contact our office as soon as possible in order to most effectively collaborate on a communications strategy. Ideally, this will be several weeks in advance of an event, and 2 months minimum for branded marketing materials such as giveaways, shirts, etc.
What We Help With
- Recruitment strategy
- Messaging development
- Media relations
- Emails, announcements, e-newsletters, digital signage, and similar materials meant to be disseminated to a wide audience (students, faculty/staff, or a wide group of peers, alumni, policy makers, influencers, and supporters)
- Merchandise/apparel items (T-shirts, polos, backpacks, stickers, ink pens, etc.)
- News releases (in partnership with UK Public Relations and Marketing/UKNow)
- Digital signage
- Flyers, brochures, posters and other promotional documents
- Website content (in collaboration with the Office of Information Technology)
- General graphic design
- Social media strategy
- Securing quotes from printing and promotional item vendors/placing orders
- Assistance with presentations
- Brand support for events
- Branding guidance and licensing process consultation
- Podcasts – Join us on the Learning Project Podcast!
** We do not generally provide video recording for meetings/presentations, although we often provide support for special events. The college’s Office of Information Technology can also provide guidance on using Zoom or Teams to live stream or record meetings/presentations. We also highly recommend connecting with the services available at the Faculty Media Depot.