The UK STEM Experiences is a collaboration among the UK Colleges of Education, Engineering, and Arts & Sciences. Our goal is to expose students to a variety positive learning experiences and career options in the STEM fields. Additionally, the summer experiences:
- Target rising elementary and middle grades students (grades 5-8) especially females, students of color, and students disinterested in STEM
- Provides authentic hands-on, engaging STEM learning environments on the University of Kentucky campus
- Provides opportunities for preservice teacher and graduate students from STEM disciplines assist with camp and gain valuable content knowledge and experience in an informal low-stakes environment
- Partner with area school Youth Service Coordinators to recruit and retain underrepresented populations
- Area preservice and inservice teachers assist with the camp gaining valuable STEM laboratory experience and ideas that they can incorporate into their own classrooms
The week-long day camps are designed to help students explore and integrate the STEM disciplines through authentic hands-on projects and real world applications.
Read more about their STEM Camp adventures at www.margaretmohrschroeder.com.
To volunteer or work at any of our camps, please contact Dr. Margaret Mohr-Schroeder – firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Info for All Camps
Registration opens Monday, March 4, 2024, at 7 a.m.
Where: University of Kentucky Campus
Dates: See Dates and Times below.
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day (extended day available, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., $50/week )
Lunch & Snacks: Provided for each participant
Cost: $275 for each week of camp (Financial Assistance is available.)
$10 off for UK employees
10% sibling discount
All participants will receive a T-shirt, water bottle & bag.