Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

General Materials


 Funding, Tuition

  • UK Graduate School, Student Funding website – provides information on assistantshipsfellowshipsfunding opportunitiesetc.
  • UK Tuition and Fees – look up the annual cost for graduate students who are either in or out of state
  • Assistantships – to learn more about research assistantships (RAs), teaching assistantships (TAs), and graduate assistantships (GAs) that are currently seeking to hire a graduate student, check frequently.  Most assistantships for the next academic year are posted in the prior spring semester, though assistantships will continue to be posted in the summer and even the fall of that year (e.g., some positions don’t get funding approval until that same semester the assistant is supposed to start).  Keep regularly checking ukjobs so that you can apply when desirable positions become available; deadlines for applying can be as short as two weeks.  Additional assistantships (e.g., TA positions within EDP) will be announced via the program/department listserv you are on.  It is common for our graduate students to be hired by campus units such as Academic Enhancement, Baptist Health, Department of Behavioral Science, Department of Psychology, Dean of Students Office, other College of Education departments (e.g., Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Department of Educational Policy Studies and Evaluation), Eastern State Hospital, Experiential Education, UK Graduate School, Health Sciences, Human Development Institute, Nursing Instruction, Student Affairs, etc.
  • College of Education Scholarships/Fellowships – can be applied for via this link and a PDF list of scholarships for students including graduate students is at this link.
  • UK Basic Needs Website – information about available campus supports related to food, housing, and money
  • For information about national graduate school funding sources external to UK, visit some of these webpages: UL External Scholarships and Fellowships listLYC Graduate Funding and Scholarship OpportunitiesAPA Div12 Financial Resources while in Graduate SchoolAPF Funding for StudentsAPAGS Affording and Repaying Graduate School


Doctoral Program (PhD) Materials

Master’s Program (MS) Materials

Practicum Materials

  • UK Master’s Practicum Clinician FAQ for KY Clinical Practices – answers to frequently asked questions that Kentucky-based clinical practices/agencies tend to have when exploring the possibility of placing a UK Counseling Psychology master’s practicum clinician at their clinical practice.
  • UK PhD Practicum Clinician FAQ for KY Clinical Practices – answers to frequently asked questions that Kentucky-based clinical practices/agencies tend to have when exploring the possibility of placing a UK Counseling Psychology PhD practicum clinician at their clinical practice.
  • Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) – signed by the student and on-site individual clinical supervisor during their first supervision session of the semester.  This ensures mutual transparency about trainee goals and the supervisory relationship. 
  • Telesupervision Formal Policy – short-term program changes have been designed to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. In response, our program has temporarily approved students to engage in learning experiences that utilize telesupervision, telepractice/telehealth, and distance education delivery.

PhD/MS Program Disclosure Information for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement

  • State Authorization Disclosure: Per state laws, distance education courses and programs must be legally authorized in a state prior to offering courses or programs to students residing there. Therefore, program availability varies by state. Students should check the UK Out-of-State Educational Activities website to determine if a distance education program at the University of Kentucky is available in their state of residence.
  • Student Relocation Disclosure: All distance education students should keep in mind that relocating during the course of a program to another state could impact whether that student can continue in the course and/or meet the eligibility requirements of that state. If you plan to move to another state during your program, please contact your program advisor as soon as possible.
  • Licensure Disclosure: States may have additional requirements for programs that lead to professional licensure or certification. If you plan to use the degree to seek licensure, you should also determine if the degree meets the educational requirements for licensure in your state. Visit the UK Out-of-State Educational Activities website to learn more about your program.