University of Kentucky College of Education Office of Research
The Office of Research in the University of Kentucky (UK) College of Education has launched a dynamic new initiative to provide supplementary funded project services to College researchers. The Office offers one-on-one proposal consultations and helps promote project success through streamlining access to campus-wide grant administrative services. The Office serves all faculty, staff, and students. Currently, the office supports personnel involved in more than $20 million in active research that directly impacts the education and well-being of Kentuckians as well as national and international education program initiatives.
The College endeavors to expand the knowledge of teaching and learning processes across a broad educational spectrum and has an active research portfolio from all seven Departments. UK provides research support through many accessible avenues and The Office of Research in the College of Education works in collaboration with dedicated staff from UK Research on pre-award and post-award project management throughout the lifecycle of the project. The College continues to innovate and adapt to needs and changes in the education landscape with programs that offer a breadth of opportunities for research and professional growth.
As one of a handful of universities across the nation with a land-grant mission and a medical center and academic units on one contiguous campus, UK provides researchers the opportunity to more easily collaborate across specialty areas. Behind the advanced technologies and collaborations, College of Education researchers always keep in mind the human lives that are impacted. Often, this impact is made in areas where needs are among the greatest and resources are often lacking. In 2021 alone, faculty, students, and staff worked to:
- Improve Health and Quality of Life
- Help Teachers Give Children a Great Start,
- Create More Inclusive STEM Fields
- Develop Leaders in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Help Schools Leverage Pandemic’s Impact
- and Enable Students to Process Racial Trauma
The College serves nearly 3,000 students in over 70 undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide range of fields. By fostering a culture of reflective practice and research inquiry within a diverse community of students, faculty and staff, the College is nationally ranked No. 64 among all education graduate programs, and is No. 1 in Kentucky, according to U.S. News and World Report’s 2022 Best Grad School Rankings. Graduates of the college have made an impact in all 50 states and more than 40 countries, pursuing careers in a variety of health and education fields.
The University of Kentucky has a dedicated Office of Research for investigators at https://www.research.uky.edu/. Below is a list of commonly used resources.
- Office of Research Integrity (ORI): https://www.research.uky.edu/office-research-integrity
- Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA): https://www.research.uky.edu/office-sponsored-projects-administration
- Proposal Development Office (PDO): https://www.research.uky.edu/proposal-development-office
- Research Financial Services (RFS): https://www.uky.edu/ufs/research-financial-services
- Responsible Conduct of Research Training (RCR) Information and Video Resource:
- Vice President for Research (VPR): https://www.research.uky.edu/vice-president-research