Skip to main
University-wide Navigation


When you applied to UK, you were given a UK email address. This address is associated with your registration and student records and will be used for all formal communication.


Connect with other EPE students through the EPE Student Organization (EPESO). Professional organizations relevant to the field are also listed below. For more information, visit our Academic Associations page.


Policies & Procedures

Student-related department policies are based on the Graduate Bulletin published by the University of Kentucky Graduate School. Details and department-specific policies are found below.

Enrollment and Registration Status… how to stay in good standing
Program of Study and Advising… planning for success
Master’s Student Details… for our MS students
Doctoral Student Details… for our EdD and PhD students
Progress to Degree… per department policies
Graduate School Forms… for transferring credit, submitting exam requests, and more

Additional information on departmental policies can be found in the Student Handbook.

Registration & Scheduling Your Classes

When admitted to the department, you were assigned a temporary advisor to answer your initial advising questions. Soon you’ll identify a major professor who will guide you in completing your degree. Email is typically the best way to contact your advisor.

Each semester you will register for classes online when your registration “window” opens. If you miss your window or have to make changes, there will be an “add/drop window” just prior to and during the first week of classes. Consult the UK Registrar’s website for further information. Visit the EPE Courses page for more on EPE course offerings, including internships and independent studies.


Students seeking funding or assistantships should be sure to notify our department administrative assistant, Jessica Guillen at 859-257-2626. You are responsible for doing your own funding research by checking the Graduate School and College of Education websites. Fellowship and TA applications are typically due in February for the following school year. Assistantships and fellowships that begin in January are rare, but do occasionally happen. You can request to be added to the department’s student listserv where we send out important updates and assistantship opportunities. Please note that GRE scores may be required for competitive university funding, assistantships, scholarships and awards, please contact the department with any questions.

Current Students – for information on EPE Travel Funding or Dissertation Enhancement Awards please contact the DGS.

International Students

The UK International Center (UKIC) website provides helpful information for international students. Their International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) page includes info about filing taxestravelingemployment (both for enrolled and graduating students [e.g., Optional Practical Training (OPT)]), and more. The phone number for the ISSS main office is (859) 323-2121.



For a list of important university-wide deadlines and registration dates, please reference the Registrar’s Academic Calendar. The department’s calendar of events is located on our EPE Student Community Canvas page. Please contact EPE’s administrative assistant or the DGS with any questions.