About the Lab
The Biodynamics Laboratory is a research and education facility that is shared by the Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion, College of Health Sciences and Center for Biomedical Engineering. The lab contains state of the art equipment for the purpose of conducting biomechanical analyses. The mission of the lab is to further our understanding of the relationship between biomechanics and human health and performance, and to disseminate this new information to UK students, the local community, and scientific community worldwide.
Location & Contact
Fan Gao, Ph.D., Director
161 Multidisciplinary Science Building
725 Rose Street
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0082
Lab EquipmentView Equipment
Motion Analysis Corporation
- 16 Eagle/Eagle 4 Motion Analysis Cameras
- 4 Raptor Motion Analysis Cameras
- 3 Separate Data Capture Setups (1 Portable)
Kistler Instrument Corporation
- 2 Piezoelectric Force Platforms
- 2 Portable Piezoelectric Force Platforms
- 2 Large Bertec Force Platforms
Noraxon USA, Inc.
- 12 Channel EMG
- 4 Channel Electrogoniometer
- 16 Channel Delsys Bagnoli System
1 Velotron Elite Cycle Electromagnetic Ergometer
2 Custom 2D Pedal Dynamometers
- Velotron Coaching Software
- Velotron 3D Software
*Video, Force Plates, Force Pedals and EMG data have synchronized collection.
- 2 Digital Camcorders
- Innovision Systems Inc.
MaxMate/Maxtraq – Movement Analysis Software
- HMA Technology, Inc.
HUman Movement ANalysis Program (HU-M-AN)
- MathWorks, Inc.
- National Instruments
- SPSS Statistical Software
- SASStatistical Software
- Undergraduate Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Division of Physical Therapy
- Center for Biomedical Engineering
- Division of Athletic Training
- Official UK Athletics
- ASB – American Society of Biomechanics
- ACSM – American College of Sports Medicine
- APTA – American Physical Therapy Association
- ISB – International Society for Biomechanics
- ISBS – International Society for Biomechanics in Sports
- NATA – National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- NSCA – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- SENIAM – Surface ElectroMyoGraphy for the Non-Invasive Assessment of Muscles