How to Apply
- Contact program faculty for questions about application deadlines. Students are encouraged to apply early. New cohorts begin coursework in the Summer semester.
- Funding opportunities available for applicants who apply by February 1st.
Apply for the MIC program through the UK Graduate School system. Please review procedures for Graduate School admission. For questions about your application, reach out to your assigned Graduate School Admissions Officer.
Before you begin your application by clicking the button below, take note of application details listed below to ensure your application is completed properly.
- In the “Plan of Study” section, select the following:
- Select “On Campus”
- For applicant category, select “Masters Degree”
- For program, select “Education – Secondary Education”
- For entry term, select “Summer 2023”
- In the “Test Scores” section, you are not required to upload any scores for admissions consideration. If you have a GRE or Praxis Core test score, you can upload the score in this section.
- In the “Recommendations” section, you should provide the contact information for three individuals. Use the criteria below to select:
- College instructor, preferably in your content area of specialization, who is familiar with your ability. This source is required.
- Former or present employer.
- Individual who has supervised you in an activity dealing with adolescents.
- Academic advisor who is familiar with your ability.
- In the “Supplemental Materials” section, upload the following:
- Personal Statement
- Resume or CV (upload to “Additional Information”)
- Academic writing sample (upload to “Additional Information”), the sample should be from a course closely related to your specialization area (Social Studies or English Education)
The $65.00 Graduate School application fee is paid online.
In submitting my application to a teacher education program at the University of Kentucky, I understand that my application materials will be reviewed by members of the program faculty of my education program. I hereby grant permission to members of the program faculty to review whatever application materials they deem necessary.
In addition, I understand that meeting the minimum requirements for TEP does not guarantee acceptance into the program. The admission process is competitive; therefore, candidates must demonstrate excellence in a variety of areas. Among these are skills in working with students in educational environments, ability to be successful in cooperative groups, ability to communicate effectively, experience with school and community programs, and ability to engage in effective problem solving.