The College of Education Ambassadors are a select group of students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in academics, student leadership, and dedication to the promotion and betterment of the College and the University. Ambassadors are required to be a sophomore, junior, or senior enrolled in the College of Education and maintain a 3.0 GPA. Serving as an Ambassador is an honor and a distinction.
Education Ambassadors work various University and College events, answer prospective student questions, host individual families on campus, are actively involved in creating timely, student-driven and engaging content for the colleges social media outlets, and highlight the amazing opportunities available at UK and within the College of Education. Ambassadors meet monthly throughout the year for planning sessions and to assist with recruitment and retention, and find ways to improve the prospective and current student experience throughout the college. They also serve the College of Education in formal and informal situations and provide outreach services to community groups.
- Yearly stipend
- Have an opportunity to “leave your mark” and improve the college experience
- Develop valuable leadership skills
- Learn how to develop authentic social media content
- Meet and interact with new and future students
- Enhance public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Deepen your knowledge of the University, College of Education, and campus community
- Become more familiar with College of Education and UK history
The deadline to apply to be a 2020-2021 student ambassador has passed.
Have questions? Contact Jenna DeMastes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the 2019-2020 College of Education Ambassadors
Become a CoE Ambassador from UK College of Education on Vimeo.