Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Advising Forms & Information

Your academic advisor is here to support you as you work toward your degree in the College of Education. Virtual advising will be available during normal university operating hours through Zoom, phone, and email. Other modalities may be available. Let your advisor know what is most convenient for you. We will do our best to accommodate and support our students! Advisor breakdowns are assigned as listed:

Kinesiology and Health Promotion Teacher Certification Majors:
Kinesiology: Exercise Science and Health Promotion (Non-Certification) and Sport Leadership Majors:

If you need to discuss your academic goals, major, class schedule, and more, start by contacting your assigned academic advisor by email. It is important that you use your UK email for this communication. If you have issues with your UK email or myUK, please call the IT HelpDesk at 859-218-HELP.

Quick Links


KHP Undergraduate Academic Advising Frequently Asked Questions

Need to schedule an Advising Appointment?

How do I get an override into a class?

  • The KHP department has an online override process. All overrides are submitted online via KHP Undergraduate Override Request Website. The override request system generally opens at the same time as priority registration windows. The online override requests will be accepted until the end of the add/drop windows for the priority registration period. At that time the online system will be closed and override requests will be analyzed and sent to faculty for review. For Fall semesters the override request system will be reopened June 1st.

    Override lists will be distributed to faculty as soon as possible. Once the requests have been closed, students will be notified AS SOON AS the instructor has identified students receiving enrollment.

    This means that if a student contacts staff or an instructor personally, they will be told to check the KHP Undergraduate Advising website for the override request link. This will be the only avenue and the only timeframe for requesting any type of class override (capacity, pre-req, or restriction). We will not be accepting email requests, in person requests, or phone requests. The only way for a student to apply for an override is through the online KHP override request link.

    You will be notified via email from a KHP staff member whether your override request has been accepted or denied.

Does KHP have a Facebook page?

Where can I find more information about the practicum?

What do I do if I am studying Abroad?

  • Students wanting to take courses abroad should have all the proper paperwork provided by the Education Abroad Office along with course descriptions and syllabus of courses that the student would like to count for an equivalent KHP course. Students need to make an appointment with  their advisor for approval of course equivalencies and have all necessary information and paperwork prepared prior to the scheduled meeting.

How do I apply to the Teacher Education Program?

How do I apply for a Degree?

  • During the semester prior to the semester a student plans to graduate, students must complete a graduation application located online at myUK. The proper forms must be submitted by the deadline stated in the UK Academic Calendar for that semester.

    Undergraduate Graduation Application Deadlines:

    • May or August Graduation: July 1
    • December Graduation: November 1

How do I apply for Commencement?