Dr. Laurie Henry, associate dean for clinical preparation and partnerships in the University of Kentucky College of Education, is slated to be part of a webinar for the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE). The webinar, “Advancing Educator Preparation Through Clinical Practice: The Dean’s Perspective,” will be held August 19 from 2 to 3 p.m. EDT. A recording of the event will be made available online at a later date.
The panelists include:
- Dean John Henning, Monmouth University (NJ)
- Associate Dean Laurie Henry, University of Kentucky
- Dean Shirley Lefever, Wichita State University (KS)
- Assistant Dean Christy Smith, University at Albany-SUNY
- Dean Diane Yendol-Hoppey, University of North Florida
Each of these deans is also a member of the AACTE Clinical Practice Commission. During the webinar, they will discuss their roles as leaders in clinical practice at their institutions, how that perspective informs their work on the commission, and why they have chosen to be involved.
More specifically, they will address:
- Building strong school-university-community partnerships
- Developing effective clinical preparation strategies
- Engaging resources to support clinical practice models
- Fostering a culture in higher education that support and rewards clinical practice
- Establishing a reciprocal process of simultaneous renewal to advance teaching and learning for PK-12 students and teachers, as well as teacher candidates and university faculty
For more information, click here.