As a student in the UK College of Education, you’ll find many opportunities to be involved in the life of the college and the university.
Involvement during college helps students gain a social and professional network. Plus, service learning allows students to identify, analyze and help solve real world problems. How will you make a difference in your academic study and in the lives of others?
With 15 student organizations there is sure to be a place for you!
Our student groups emphasize professional educator development. Undergraduates typically join groups identified with their major. Graduate students join the appropriate professional organization’s campus chapter. The college also sponsors social groups. Leaders from every student organization meet regularly with the dean to improve the educational and extracurricular experience for each student within the college.
The groups sponsored in the college or affiliated with education are:
- Council of Student Leaders
- Student Ambassadors
- Bluegrass Collegiate Middle Level Association (BCMLA)
- Educators Rising*
- Elementary Education Student Association (UKEESA)
- Global Educators Association (GEA)
- Kappa Delta Pi
- Kentucky Education Association – Student Program (KEA-SP)
- Kinesiology and Health Promotion Club (KHP Club)*
- Minority Educators Association (MEA)
- Rehabilitation Counseling Student Association (RCSA)*
- See Blue STEM Club
- Student Affiliates in School Psychology (SASP)
- Student Council for Exceptional Children (SCEC)*
- Students for Education Reform (UKSFER)*
- Teachers of English Association (UKTEA)*