The College of Education welcomes student employment announcements from local organizations. To submit a job announcement to this website, please fill out the posting request form.
Job opportunities posted to this page are shared as a courtesy and do not constitute the endorsement of the College of Education.
Madison County Schools Recruitment Fair – (PDF)
March 28, 2017
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Williamson County Schools Career Fair (Franklin, TN)
April 1, 2017
Hamblen County Teacher Recruitment Fair (Morristown, TN) – (PDF)
April 6, 2017
Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative – (PDF)
April 17, 2017
2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Central Kentucky Educational Cooperative – (PDF)
April 20, 2017
3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wilson County Schools Teacher Recruitment Fair (Lebanon, TN)
Lebanon High School
500 Blue Devil Blvd.
Lebanon, TN 37087
April 20, 2017
3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Bluegrass Career Services
Post Date: 3/16/17
Contact: Laura Schwarz
Support a caseload of persons with developmental and intellectual disabilities to obtain and maintain employment in the community that is consistent with their vocational goals and abilities.
- Provide ongoing case management and counseling to overcome identified barriers
- Assist consumers with job applications and other job readiness tasks (Conduct job development and job search activities)
- Transport consumers to job interviews and other appointments as scheduled
- Assess vocational interests and determine individual goals, create Individualized plan for success
- Prepare written and electronic reports daily and monthly depending on funding source
- Establish relationships with other community resources and potential employers
- Communicate with clients, families, co-workers, and employers effectively
- Focus on a consumer’s strengths and encourage independence, job coaching as necessary
- Ability to negotiate job accommodations and provide long-term supports on the job
- Assure compliance as required with funding sources i.e. Bluegrass.org, Office for Vocational
- Rehabilitation, DDID, and Michelle P. Waiver
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid KY Driver’s License and personal vehicle
- Ability to communicate orally, in writing, and electronically
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain healthy boundaries
- Understand Supported Employment, funding sources, social security benefits, job coaching
- Computer literate, organized, and dependable
- CPR, First Aid, and online training provided
- Physically able to perform job responsibilities
- Pass C/AN, Elderly, and criminal background checks, Pass Drug Screening
HS Diploma w/ job related experience, Bachelor Degree preferred in Education, Social Work, or related field
Rate of Pay:
Part-time, 25-30 hours per week, $12/hour, mileage reimbursement
Hours each week vary, preferably Mon-Fri and between 8:30-6, some weekends and evenings may be necessary
Expiration Date: 4/3/2017
Post Date: 2/20/17
Contact: Emily Charles
Sunflower Kids, a local nonprofit agency, provides safe, affordable supervised visitation and exchange services to survivors of domestic violence, child abuse, stalking and sexual assault. Our number one priority is the safety of adult and child survivors.
Sunflower Kids is currently hiring Supervised Visitation Monitors on a contractual basis. Visitation Monitors are responsible for providing supervision to families receiving visitation services from Sunflower Kids.
Monitors are paid $18 per visit. Visits take place on Monday – Friday evenings and all day on Sunday at our secure facility. Monitors can either be assigned weekly visits or can work on an on-call basis depending on your preference!
All Monitors must attend training/orientation and undergo a background check.
If you are interested in becoming a Supervised Visitation Monitor, please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expiration Date: 5/31/2017
Post Date: 2/15/17
Contact: Kate Lindsay
Summerbridge Louisville is hiring 15 college students to teach underserved middle school students in small classrooms (5-8 students). We focus on Language Arts, Math, and Science. The program begins June 12th and ends July 22nd, and it is held at the Sacred Heart Academy on Lexington Road. The pay is $1,000 – $1,200 for the 6 weeks. Applicants do not need to be Education Majors…just have a passion for kids. For additional information please visit summerbridgelouisville.org. Students will receive training, and Certified Teachers will be present at the school everyday.
Expiration Date: 4/30/2017
Best Brains Learning Center
Post Date: 1/9/17
Contact: Shahana Asra
Best Brains Learning Centers of Lexington, KY is looking for enthusiastic teachers to teach Math and/or English to students, in a fun learning environment. Substitute teachers or students working towards their certification are encouraged to apply.
Our requirements are:
- Be able to work with students 5-15 years of age.
- Be able to communicate with parents about student progress.
- Very low student to teacher ratio.
Competitive hourly pay with incremental rates based on performance. Curriculum is provided. Teachers are NOT be responsible for coming up with curriculum or class assignments. We provide you with all the required teaching material. All we expect from you, is a positive attitude and a passion for teaching.
Our location :
3101 Clays Mill Rd., Suite 106, Lexington, KY.
Weeknights: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Weekend (Sat): 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Note: Hours worked can be flexible.
Expiration Date: 1/1/2018
Carnegie Center Summer Tutoring
The Carnegie Centers in Lexington and Lincoln County have summer tutoring opportunities for students interested in working with children at-risk for reading disabilities. It is a fantastic program and has great connections to the community. If you want more information contact Lois Weinberg at email@example.com.
CIA Tutor Application (disregard the date)