Become a CoE Ambassador from UK College of Education on Vimeo.
Become an Ambassador
The College of Education Ambassadors are a select group of students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in academics and student leadership. Serving as an Ambassador is an honor and a distinction.
- Be a sophomore, junior, or senior student enrolled in the College of Education for the academic year 2018-2019
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be able to fully commit to at least one year of service
- Confident attitude with ability to communicate effectively individually or to a group
- Willingness to volunteer when needed
- Be highly motivated, energetic, dependable, and knowledgeable
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills
- Must participate in daytime, evening, and weekend activities
- Attend the scheduled monthly meetings
- Positively represent the University of Kentucky, College of Education, our faculty, staff, and students.
- Attend UK for You events
- Assist with student recruitment, speak to community and university groups, host individual families, and represent the College at receptions, meetings, and events.
- Participate in COE events, University events, meet various times throughout the year for planning sessions and to assist with recruitment, and find ways to improve the student experience throughout the college.
- Being active in various meetings, conferences, and events, both on and off-campus.
- Serve the College of Education in formal situations and provide outreach services to community groups.
- Yearly stipend of $400 ($200 each for fall and spring semesters)
- Have an opportunity to “leave your mark” and improve the college experience
- Develop valuable leadership skills
- Meet and interact with new and future students
- Enhance public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Deepen your knowledge of the University, College of Education, and campus community
- Network with COE Alumni and other partners
- Become more familiar with COE and UK history
Questions? Please contact one of the following:
- Jenna DeMastes at email@example.com or (859) 218-2698
- Monica Nielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 257-4256
The deadline for this application process has passed.