The College of Education welcomes employment, volunteer, and internship announcements in fields related to majors we offer. To submit an announcement to this website, please fill out the posting request form.
Opportunities posted to this page are shared as a courtesy and do not constitute the endorsement of the College of Education.
CKEC Educator Recruitment Fair
Post Date: 8/11/17
Dee Beeler Jones
Central Kentucky districts will be hiring for nearly all positions for the 2018-2019 school year. Administrators, Teachers, and Student Teachers are invited to attend the Central Kentucky Educational (CKEC) Educator Recruitment Fair. Please join us for conversations and cookies!
Applicants should bring a cover letter and a copy of their current resume to present to each district representative in attendance at the fair.
When: April 17th, 2018
Location: CKEC Training Center: 2331 Fortune Dr. Lexington, KY
Expiration Date 4/18/2018
Building Education for Students Today
Post Date: 10/10/17
Contact: Wanda Mattingly
Intern positions to work with students, helping with homework and etc. from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at Bryan Station Middle School. Great experience and very rewarding.
Expiration Date: 5/31/2018
YMCA of Central Kentucky
Post Date: 9/12/17
Contact: Melissa Hoover
The YMCA of Central Kentucky’s part-time SACC Group Leader provides direct supervision of children and is responsible for the successful implementation of quality before and/or after school care. The Group Leader will work in collaboration with other staff to provide programs that foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth; and ensure the health, welfare and safety of program participants. The Leader promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall experience. Hours for the position will be approximately 2:00 – 6:30pm.The YMCA of Central Kentucky’s part-time SACC Group Leader provides direct supervision of children and is responsible for the successful implementation of quality before and/or after school care. The Group Leader will work in collaboration with other staff to provide programs that foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth; and ensure the health, welfare and safety of program participants. The Leader promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall experience. Hours for the position will be approximately 2:00 – 6:30pm.
1. Assist the SACC Site Director in the implementation a culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate curriculum that creates a positive, nurturing environment and includes adult directed activities and center choices that takes into consideration the needs of each child and the goals and objectives of the YMCA
2. Assume responsibility for the safety of the children at all times and maintain daily records, adhering to all requirements
3. Implement daily/weekly/monthly lesson plans under the supervision of the site director
4. Uphold the association’s child protection policies, child abuse and neglect guidelines and proper reporting procedures
5. Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as required by the YMCA and the Division of Regulated Child Care (DRCC)
6. Assume any other duties as directed by your supervisor and the YMCA administration. Be in charge if the site director is absent and asks you to do so
7. Prepare daily snack for the children and support and implement healthy eating and physical activity initiatives (HEPA)
8. Direct and assist daily cleaning and maintenance of the space and/or facility
9. Attend parent conferences, if necessary
10. Be an active participant in the Youth Development efforts, flexible in case of needs at other sites and be prepared to work school’s day out programs
• Development of a well-trained, highly competent, motivated, and informed staff team in a climate where creative, quality programs thrive
• Development of a wide variety of program services that will meet the needs of the community• Sound fiscal position and financial growth (earned and unearned revenue)
• A well-served community that understands and values the mission and purpose of the YMCA
• Competence and good judgment is demonstrated in all matters within the scope of the responsibilities assigned
Expiration Date: 10/31/2017
UK Human Resources/Work-Life
Post Date: 9/12/17
Contact: Azetta Beatty
Big Blue Family Care is a network of current UK students who provide occasional, paid childcare and pet care for UK families. We make it simple for you to connect with UK families seeking high-quality care. For more info visit bit.ly/BigBlueFamilyCare.
Expiration Date: 8/1/2018
Best Brains Learning Center
Post Date: 1/9/17
Contact: Shahana Asra
Best Brains Learning Centers of Lexington, KY is looking for enthusiastic teachers to teach Math and/or English to students, in a fun learning environment. Substitute teachers or students working towards their certification are encouraged to apply.
Our requirements are:
- Be able to work with students 5-15 years of age.
- Be able to communicate with parents about student progress.
- Very low student to teacher ratio.
Competitive hourly pay with incremental rates based on performance. Curriculum is provided. Teachers are NOT be responsible for coming up with curriculum or class assignments. We provide you with all the required teaching material. All we expect from you, is a positive attitude and a passion for teaching.
Our location :
3101 Clays Mill Rd., Suite 106, Lexington, KY.
Weeknights: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Weekend (Sat): 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Note: Hours worked can be flexible.
Expiration Date: 1/1/2018
Dixie Elementary School
Contact: Allyson Bottom
Phone: (859) 509-4409
Date Posted: 7/24/17
The staff at Dixie Elementary is always looking for volunteers to come in and assist the teachers with various projects. This would also be a great opportunity to become familiar with a local elementary school and network with staff. We welcome volunteers from 7:15am – 3:00pm every school day.
Anyone interested in volunteering, please contact Allyson Bottom, the volunteer coordinator for Dixie PTA, at email@example.com.
In order to volunteer at any Fayette County school, you must be an approved volunteer. To fill out the FCSP volunteer form, please go to https://apps.fcps.net/volunteer/.
Kentucky Horse Park
Contact: Annie Martin
Phone: (859) 259-4267
Date Posted: 7/24/17
Volunteer at the Kentucky Horse Park! We have volunteer opportunities in all 1,200 acres of the farm – directly with horses, in our International Museum of the Horse, Marketing Department, Field Trip tours, help to set-up international equestrian events and more! Horse experience is not required, but if you would like to give it a try, you can take our Hands-On Training course! The volunteer opportunities are endless, contact us today!
The Campus Kitchen at the University of Kentucky
Contact: Jordan Bressler
Date Posted: 5/4/17
The Campus Kitchen at the University of Kentucky (CKUK) is an on-campus student service organization that provides a sustainable approach to reducing food waste on college campuses while also providing healthy meals to those struggling with hunger. Check out our website for more information: https://dhn-hes.ca.uky.edu/CKUK
CKUK has a variety of consistent volunteer opportunities this summer including food recovery, cooking, meal delivery, processing of gleaned produce, and gardening. We welcome EVERYONE to volunteer with us…students, faculty, staff, community individuals, and community groups! Find the summer schedule and sign up for shifts at vhub.at/ckuk.
Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning
Contact: Erica Cook
Phone: (859) 254-4175 ext. 28
Date Posted: 8/30/17
Enthusiastic and dedicated tutors needed to share their love for learning with first and second grade students. This after-school tutoring program meets every Tuesday at Booker T. Washington Elementary School from 3-4 pm, October 2017 through May 2018. The clubs offer one-on-one homework help as well as fun, interactive games that support individual learning goals.
Clubs (At a glance):
A criminal background check is required to tutor at the Carnegie Center at http://www.coeusglobal.com/council_ky_cclex AND for your chosen school at https://webapps.fcps.net/volunteer/
Tutoring pairs meet every Tuesday from 3-4 pm starting October 17th through May 2018.
All tutors must attend an orientation with the teachers and parents at the school on Tuesday, October 3rd 3-4 pm.
Free tutor trainings and classes for tutors are available.
The coordinator will supervise the tutoring sessions, and provide all materials and activities. You’re also welcome to bring your own.
All tutors are allowed to take 1 free class at the Carnegie Center per season.
Tutor recruitment is on a rolling basis- we have students waiting for YOU!