The UK Next Generation Leadership Academy (NxGLA) seeks leaders who understand that the educational system, originally designed for an Industrial Era, is no longer adequate in preparing students for a diverse, global economy.
We engage leaders at all levels to share innovative models and approaches for creating personalized systems of deeper learning to:
- Transform the teaching and learning experience
- Leverage technology for disruptive change
- Facilitate strategic planning efforts in systems redesign
- Coach and support change leaders
For over six years, participation in the Academy has sparked innovation around next-generation learning across the state.
Leaders who have participated overwhelmingly credit the academy experience with helping them move forward in creating learner-centered innovations in their schools and districts. Students and teachers are more engaged as a result, and student achievement has improved as a result.
See our 2015 Progress Report for more information on the impact of the Next Generation Leadership Academy.
The Academy will assist in the development of new learning systems designed to:
- Improve and deepen learning for all students.
- Increase the number of graduates ready for college and career.
Academy participants will:
- Learn about innovative programs and research-based practices.
- Network with colleagues across the state and nation.
- Access open resource technology tools for learning.
- Collaborate in one-to-one settings with University of Kentucky College of Education faculty.
- Visit model Next Generation Schools.
- Access national and international experts.
- Engage in virtual networks.
Learn more about the exciting innovation taking place at each Next Generation Leadership Event by watching program participants discuss their experiences.
The cost for each participant in the 7 day Academy (meals included) is $1,200.00. Please contact us for additional questions about Academy pricing or for large volume discounts.