The UK Next Generation Leadership Academy (NxGLA) seeks leaders who understand that the educational system, originally designed for an Industrial Era, is no longer adequate in preparing students for a diverse, global economy.
We engage leaders at all levels to share innovative models and approaches for creating personalized systems of deeper learning to:
- Transform the teaching and learning experience
- Leverage technology for disruptive change
- Facilitate strategic planning efforts in systems redesign
- Coach and support change leaders
For over six years, participation in the Academy has sparked innovation around next-generation learning across the state.
Leaders who have participated overwhelmingly credit the academy experience with helping them move forward in creating learner-centered innovations in their schools and districts. Students and teachers are more engaged as a result, and student achievement has improved as a result.
See our 2015 Progress Report for more information on the impact of the Next Generation Leadership Academy.
The Academy will assist in the development of new learning systems designed to:
- Improve and deepen learning for all students.
- Increase the number of graduates ready for college and career.
Academy participants will:
- Learn about innovative programs and research-based practices.
- Network with colleagues across the state and nation.
- Access open resource technology tools for learning.
- Collaborate in one-to-one settings with University of Kentucky College of Education faculty.
- Visit model Next Generation Schools.
- Access national and international experts.
- Engage in virtual networks.
Learn more about the exciting innovation taking place at each Next Generation Leadership Event by watching program participants discuss their experiences.