Join us for CATalyze Education Talks taking place at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 11 in the UK Federal Credit Union Esports Theater at The Cornerstone (located at 401 S. Limestone). This free community event features University of Kentucky College of Education faculty members giving brief talks on issues impacting health and education. This year’s theme is Resilience in Life and Education: Recognizing Barriers and Solutions for Success
- Dr. Kelly D. Bradley, Challenging the Inequities and Myths to Empower Women in Academia
- Dr. Isaac Woods, How are School-based Professional Associations Advancing Social Justice?
- Dr. Sharim Hannegan-Martinez, Beyond Resilience: Love as a Praxis for Healing from Trauma
- Dr. Stuart Best, Overtraining or Under-Recovery?
- Dr. Lu Young, Building Teacher Capacity for Mobile Learning in Rural Communities
- Dr. Lin Xiang, Fostering Systems Thinkers
- Dr. Amanda Lannan, “Technically Speaking” The Internet is for Everyone
The University of Kentucky College of Education is committed to studying and helping to solve the most critical education and health challenges of our time. We have more than 70 undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide range of fields, from teaching to rehabilitation counseling, from exercise science to sports leadership. Our graduates consistently receive top honors, and our students are taught by a breadth of experienced, well-respected, and highly-recognized faculty, who have backgrounds in a wide range of issues facing our society.