In honor of Latinx/Hispanic Heritage month, five future and current educators share stories of being inspired to teach, overcoming challenges, and their commitment to having a positive impact on the lives they touch.
- Melissa Merscham, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion;
- Onesimo Banda, a Ph.D. student in Educational Policy Studies and Evaluation;
- Cindy Jong, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Education;
- Sharim Hannegan-Martinez, Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction; and
- Amanda Yelvington, a senior education major.