» » Interview with Melinda Morgan

Interview with Melinda Morgan

posted in: Stories | 0

My name is Melinda Morgan and I am the highly motivated and dedicated preschool teacher at Big Creek Elementary. I have retinitis pigmentosa, an inherited degenerative eye disease that causes severe vision impairment.

The assistive technology for low vision that was purchased for me has helped me overcome some of the challenges and barriers that I have been dealing with for the past nine years as an educator. It has increased my independence while decreasing the amount of time that it takes me to complete task in the classroom and in my home life. These devices enable me to quickly read printed materials, fill out forms, read text, use other technology, and perform activities of daily living. The most important change to me is that I can now read any story that a child wants read to them.

I am so appreciative of the compassionate group of people who have taken the effort, money, and time to reach out and help me become a more successful educator. The people who are receiving the greatest benefit from your kindness are my preschoolers who are receiving a better preschool experience. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you all!