|Last name A-E||Last name F-L||Last Name M-R||Last name S-Z|
Advising Forms & Information
All official advising forms and curriculum contracts are available in 166 Taylor Education Building. Please stop in or make an appointment to meet with a College of Education advisor to discuss scheduling.
To schedule an advising appointment, please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to myUK
- From the home screen, click the “myInfo” tab
- On the left-hand side, click the “myAppointments” tab
- Select “College of Education” when prompted to choose your advising department
- Choose “General Advising”
- View your advisor’s schedule and select a time that works with your availability.
- Click the appointment time you want, then wait a few moments. You should see a confirmation that your appointment has been scheduled. You will receive an email on your UK email account confirming your appointment.
- You will receive a second email reminder 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, log in to myUK and re-enter the appointment scheduler to make your changes. If you need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours, please email your assigned academic advisor.
To access notes from your academic advisor prior to Spring 2017, please log on to CEPIS with your myUK credentials.
- Override Web Page (https://www.coe.uky.edu/KHP/advising)
- Minor Form (PDF)
- Petition Form (PDF)
- Repeat Option (PDF)
- BCTC Blue Program
- UK Campus Resources and Services
KHP Undergraduate Academic Advising Frequently Asked QuestionsHow do I declare a Health Promotion minor?
Students seeking a Health Promotion minor must complete the following steps:
- Contact Dr. Stephanie Bennett or Dr. Melody Noland to discuss the Health Promotion minor and courses that will be taken towards the minor.
- Once you have determined what specific courses will be taken towards the Health Promotion minor, you will need to complete a minor form. This from will require your signature, as well as signature approval from Dr. Bennett or Dr. Noland.
- Once the form is completed, please submit the form to the front desk in Taylor Education Building room 166 to declare the Health Promotion minor.
The minor form is located online on the KHP Undergraduate Advising website. Please note that students receiving a minor in an area of study (e.g., Business, Psychology, Communications, etc.) will not be certified to teach in that area of study.
Does KHP have a Facebook page?
Yes! Like our KHP Facebook Site.
Where can I find more information about the practicum?
All of your questions about KHP 577, the practicum, will be answered on the KHP Practicum webpage.
What do I do if I am studying Abroad?
Students wanting to take courses abroad should have all the proper paperwork provided by the Education Abroad Office along with course descriptions and syllabus of courses that the student would like to count for an equivalent KHP course. Students need to make an appointment with their advisor for approval of course equivalencies and have all necessary information and paperwork prepared prior to the scheduled meeting.
How do I apply to the Teacher Education Program?
Infomation on the Teacher Education Program (TEP) application process is located on the Teacher Education Application page.
Which courses are restricted to KHP students only?
- KHP 156
- KHP 200, KHP 210, KHP 250, KHP 260, KHP 263
- KHP 319, KHP 340, KHP 344, KHP 350, KHP 360, KHP 361, KHP 369, KHP 371, KHP 390, KHP 395
- KHP 415, KHP 420G, KHP 430, KHP 445, KHP 450
- KHP 547, KHP 573, KHP 577, KHP 579
Which KHP courses are only offered Fall or Spring?
- KHP 152, KHP 260, KHP 263, KHP 270, KHP 310, KHP 390, KHP 430, KHP 590, and KHP 579
- KHP 156, KHP 250, KHP 252, KHP 344, and KHP 360
NOTE: Please keep in mind that all courses, and summer courses in particular, are subject to change or be offered based on availability and demand. Please plan your schedules accordingly. The courses listed above are what have been taught previously.
How do I apply for a Degree?
During the semester prior to the semester a student plans to graduate, students must complete a graduation application located online at myUK. The proper forms must be submitted by the deadline stated in the UK Academic Calendar for that semester.
Undergraduate Graduation Application Deadlines:
- August Graduation: July 1
- December Graduation: November 1
- May Graduation: March 20
How do I apply for Commencement?
In order to participate in the Commencement, be sure to register at http://www.uky.edu/Commencement/.
How do I get an override into a class?
The KHP department has an online override process. All overrides are submitted online via KHP Undergraduate Override Request Website. The override request system generally opens at the same time as priority registration windows. The online override requests will be accepted until the end of the add/drop windows for the priority registration period. At that time the online system will be closed and override requests will be analyzed and sent to faculty for review. For Fall semesters the override request system will be reopened June 1st.
Override lists will be distributed to faculty as soon as possible. Once the requests have been closed, students will be notified AS SOON AS the instructor has identified students receiving enrollment.
This means that if a student contacts staff or an instructor personally, they will be told to check the KHP Undergraduate Advising website for the override request link. This will be the only avenue and the only timeframe for requesting any type of class override (capacity, pre-req, or restriction). We will not be accepting email requests, in person requests, or phone requests. The only way for a student to apply for an override is through the online KHP override request link.
You will be notified via email from a KHP staff member whether your override request has been accepted or denied.
Other Advising Information
For general College of Education advising information, please visit: