Graduate Assistantships

Information about graduate assistantships at the UK College of Education.

Teaching Assistantships

Research Assistantships


The College of Education offers several scholarship opportunities to graduate students. Scholarships are both needs-based and non-needs-based. Students may apply for both.

While academic merit is a factor in awarding our scholarships, only those students who have financial need will be considered for needs-based funds. Applicants who wish to be considered for needs-based scholarships must submit a FAFSA.

Learn more about graduate scholarships.


Graduate students wishing to apply for grant funding will find helpful advice and support from the College of Education’s Institute for Educational Research (IER). The IER assists University of Kentucky students and faculty with applications for research grants regularly awarded within the UK community.

Learn more about the Institute for Educational Research.

Research Activity Award

Each fiscal year, UK’s Executive Vice President for Research makes a Research Activity Award to each college dean.

The College of Education Associate Dean for Research, Analytics, and Graduate Student Success administers this award. Graduate student recipients of the Research Activity Award must be involved in research based on Graduate School Guidelines, and the student recipient must be the presenting author.

Learn more about the Research Activity Award.