The Department of Early Childhood, Special Education, and Counselor Education is pleased to announce that we have block funds available for Spring 2023 distribution. All graduate students in the department are qualified to apply. Students may begin applying now through March 25, 2023. Funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, however priority will be given to those students seeking funding to present at professional conferences. Decisions on awards are made by the department’s Graduate Admissions and Standards Committee who meet the first Tuesday of each month.
Note: A student may only receive one block funding award per academic year.
Application for the Block Funds
The application must include the following information:
- Identifying information: name, student ID number, department, degree program, and advisor.
- Purpose of request: You may request funding for tuition, travel, student health plan, and a student stipend.
- For tuition, include the tuition statement for the semester you are applying, the amount of funds requested up to $1000, and a rationale for your request. This may be used to pay for fees not covered by other sources.
- For conference travel, include (a) complete name of conference, (b) an APA citation of the presentation, (c) location of the conference, (d) dates of the conference, and (e) documentation from the conference of acceptance of your paper, and (f) an itemized budget of the requested funds.
- For student health plan, include the tuition statement for the semester you are applying, the amount of funds requested for the health plan, and a rationale for your request.
- For student stipend (e.g.,funds to support your academic pursuits, living expenses), include an amount of funds requested up to $1000 and a rationale for your request.
- An e-mail of support from your advisor.
Send your application via email to Dr. Melinda Ault, Director of Graduate Studies at email@example.com. Make sure you receive a confirmation that the email was received.