The Department of Early Childhood, Special Education, and Rehabilitation Counseling has funds available for graduate students for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The awards will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis Decisions on awards will be made by the Department’s Graduate Admissions and Standards Committee.
Requests for funds should be sent electronically to Dr. Melinda Ault at email@example.com byDecember 1, 2018.
Application for the Block Funds
The application must include the following information:
- Identifying information: name, department, degree program, and advisor.
- Purpose of request: You may request funding for tuition, travel, student health plan, and a student stipend.
- For tuition, include the tuition statement for the semester you are applying, the amount of funds requested up to $1000, and a rationale for your request. This may be used to pay for fees not covered by other sources.
- For conference travel, include (a) complete name of conference, (b) an APA citation of the presentation, (c) location of the conference, (d) dates of the conference, and (e) documentation from the conference of acceptance of your paper, and (f) an itemized budget of the requested funds.
- For student health plan, include the tuition statement for the semester you are applying, the amount of funds requested for the health plan, and a rational for your request.
- For student stipend (e.g.,funds to support your academic pursuits, living expenses), include an amount of funds requested up to $1000 and a rationale for your request.
- An e-mail of support from your advisor.