Welcome from Dr. Jayson Richardson!
Dr. Richardson is the Program Chair for the School Technology Leadership program. Feel free to send him an email if you have any questions about the program or about planning a course of study. Or click here to let us send the latest information on this program directly to your inbox.
Tuition for this program has been reduced to $450 per credit hour
no matter where in the world you live. Learn more here.
For those interested in adding a specialization to their resume, the online Graduate Certificate program in School Technology Leadership is a great option to make you a more competitive and effective leader. In five courses (15 credit hours) – taken in as little as one year – school leaders can dramatically deepen their ability to lead their school systems into a digital, global era.
Students will learn everything from a deeper understanding of the global educational context, to how to make effective hiring decisions for technology-savvy teachers, to the elements of leadership in 1-1 computing environments, to the legal and policy structures critical for reform. Students also will be exposed to a global network of similarly-minded educational leaders and will form a personal learning network that will serve them well into the future.
From Paducah to Pretoria, our schools are facing a massive wave of technologically-driven change that requires leaders to be able to understand, plan, and implement a very different foundation for our children’s future. The courses in the Graduate Certificate, infused throughout all of the School Technology Leadership programs, provide a platform to gain those leadership abilities in your own practice. The program home is the host of the nation’s only center dedicated to the technology needs of school leaders (CASTLE).
- 100% online program. No campus visits.
- Structured to be completed in 1 year (three semesters, including summer).
- Program taught mostly by CASTLE-based faculty.
- Based on the internationally-recognized ISTE-A standards.
- 15 credit hours in five courses.
- Spring and Fall start dates available.
- Globally-oriented program; students will interact with others from across the globe.
- All students qualify for in-state (Graduate Resident) tuition (at a special rate for this program: $450 per credit hour).
- EDL 661: School Technology Leadership (3 hours)
- EDL 662: Digital Age Learning and Technology Leadership (3 hours)
- EDL 650 (aka EDL 663): School Program Improvement (3 hours)
- EDL 664: Technology Leadership and School Improvement (3 hours)
- EDL 665: School Technology Leadership for Digital Citizenship (3 hours)
Dr. John Nash, Program Chair