40 Minute Focus Webinar Series
40 Minute Focus is the free webinar group featuring experts on topics important to busy school leaders.
S1E1 October 11, 2019
“What Happened to ISLLC?” Featuring Dr. Lu Young
Did you know that the ISLLC Standards are being replaced for principals? The Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL) provide today’s school leaders a clear and comprehensive understanding of how leadership contributes directly to the success and well-being of everyone in the school community – the young and not so young. From initial preparation through professional mastery, PSEL standards illustrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required to be successful school leaders today. Participants will hear learn
– What the new standards mean for you;
– How PSEL compares to ISLLC;
– What the new standards will help you do to improve yourself and those around you.
Dr. Lu Young, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Educational Leadership Studies, University of Kentucky. Dr. Young served as the Chief Academic Officer of Fayette County Public Schools in Lexington, KY, and before that, superintendent of Jessamine County Schools for nine years. She earned principal and superintendent certifications from the University of Kentucky and holds a doctorate in education leadership from Northern Kentucky University. Dr. Young was selected as the 2012 Kentucky Superintendent of the Year. She serves on the Advisory Council for AdvancEd KY and is an active member of the board of the United Way of the Bluegrass and the UK College of Education Board of Advocates.
- Professional Standards for Educational Leaders, NPBEA http://npbea.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Professional-Standards-for-Educational-Leaders_2015.pdf
- PSEL and ISLLC Crosswalk, Center on Great Teachers and Leaders https://gtlcenter.org/sites/default/files/PSEL_ISLLC_Crosswalk.pdf