A summer project to upgrade the Dickey Hall elevator is extending past the anticipated completion date. The UK College of Education is reaching out to students, faculty and staff to develop solutions for any issues this may cause during the Fall 2018 semester.
If you are unable to access the upper floors in Dickey Hall due to the elevator outage, please contact the Disability Resource Center at (859) 257-2754 or email@example.com so the university can make arrangements. You are also encouraged to contact Jeannine Schaefer, the UK College of Education’s project manager, so College of Education faculty and staff can make sure all needs have been met. She can be reached at (859) 257-4014, firstname.lastname@example.org or in her office in room 133A Dickey Hall.
Having access to an elevator is crucial for those who work and learn in Dickey Hall. It is important to us that the elevator project does not impact student learning in any way. College planners sought to have work completed during the summer so students would experience as little impact as possible. The delay is extremely unfortunate. We apologize for issues the elevator project may cause and encourage those impacted to reach out for assistance.
Most of the College of Education’s K Week event on Tuesday, Aug. 21 is taking place on the first floors of Dickey Hall and the Taylor Education Building. The Education Library, located in 227 Dickey Hall, will be open for tours during the K Week Education Fair, but is only accessible via stairs. If you are unable to visit the library due to the elevator outage, please see the information below about accessing Education Library materials and services.
- Access the library anywhere you are using your Link Blue account. Visit https://libraries.uky.edu/. Remember to sign in again with your Link Blue account at the prompt to access the library catalog information.
- You can request a book from any location and it can be delivered to the library of your choice. For those individuals who would like to receive materials at Dickey Hall and are unable to use the stairs, library staff will arrange for pick-up in the Dean’s Office on the first floor.
- If you would like help searching for articles in databases, please contact email@example.com to arrange a consult.
- If you need to utilize materials in the Butler Education Studio (design a bulletin board, create manipulatives to teach a class) contact Jeretta.firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- For any additional questions, please contact email@example.com or Jeretta.firstname.lastname@example.org