This conference is hosted by the Education and Civil Rights Initiative at the University of Kentucky’s College of Education. The initiative focuses on making sure that every child in America experiences equitable access to education. We believe that financial literacy is a civil right, as do our friends at WesBanco. Due to the generous sponsorship of WesBanco, registration for this year’s conference is provided free of charge.
Join us for this two-day virtual conference where you can explore the most pressing issues of our time through multiple tracks organized and sponsored by expert partners including WesBanco, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, and the UK Rosenberg College of Law.
Conference tracks will include:
- Law & Justice*
- K-12 Educator*
- Community Organization
- Financial Literacy
*Continuing education credit is available upon request.
Featured keynote speakers include:
Friday, May 7th:
- Dr. Derrick Johnson, Executive Director of the NAACP
Saturday, May 8th:
- Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings, Kellner Family Distinguised Professor in Urban Education, University Wisconsin-Madison
- Dr. Walter Bumphus, President of the American Association of Community Colleges
- Dr. Belle Wheelan, President of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Dr. Norma Cantú, Commissioner-US Commission on Civil Rights and Professor of Law and Education at the University of Texas-Austin
- Mr. Raymond Pierce, President and CEO of the Southern Education Foundation
- Dr. Antoine Garibaldi, President of University of Detroit Mercy
This conference will be hosted virtually via WHOVA and Zoom. Thanks to our WesBanco sponsors, registration for the conference this year is free.View Full Conference Agenda Register for Conference
If you have questions or wish to sponsor the event, please email CivilRightsInstitute@nulluky.edu.
Having technical difficulties with our conference platform?
If it is the day of the conference, and you’re having a hard time accessing the WHOVA platform to view sessions, please make sure you have:
- Registered for the event,
- Downloaded the WHOVA app or logged in via the desktop App,
- Created a password to access the WHOVA platform,
- Logged in using the same email you registered with initially. **If you use a different email, you will get an error message.**
- Once you’re in the WHOVA platform, navigate to the live sessions by clicking Agenda.