Academic Actions | Probation & SuspensionAcademic Bankruptcy | Withdrawals | Appeals

Guidelines for Academic Actions

The College of Education offers several services to support the undergraduate student’s academic progress. The academic action specialist seeks to provide mediation, guidance, and support for students who are making little or no progress due to academic or non-academic circumstances.

To initiate these services a student must contact the Academic Actions Specialist, Sarah DeVriendt at (859) 257-7681 or e-mail her at The following academic actions may be available depending on the student’s specific situation:

For Students
  • Academic Probation, Suspension & Reinstatement
  • Academic Bankruptcy
  • Appeals
  • FERPA Document Completion
  • Full University Withdrawals
  • Post-midterm Withdrawals
  • Retroactive Withdrawals
  • Two-Year Waiver Appeal for Retroactive Withdrawals

For Faculty

Faculty members who suspect an academic offense has been committed can access the University regulations on academic offenses in Section 6.3.0 in the University Senate Rules, beginning on page 178.

Any situation involving potential plagiarism is to be initiated by the professor and must follow S.R. 6.3.0 per the University of Kentucky Senate Council.