What is a Living Learning Program?
One of the best ways to plug into campus life and make the most of your experiences as a UK College of Education student is through our Living Learning Program, EdLife Scholars. This community is for first-year students who are pursuing undergraduate degrees at the University of Kentucky and are interested in education or health and wellness.
EdLife Scholars offers two tracks, one for students interested in careers in Education and one for students who want to pursue careers in Health and Wellness.
This residential program provides a special opportunity to be part of a close-knit community of students who share similar interests. Together, scholars will experience and explore the Lexington area, study together, and engage in community service. Student scholars will also have the opportunity to work with faculty mentors to participate in research related to student interest.
EdLife Scholars will have the support of the Director of the LLP, who is available to provide mentoring and guidance to students as they build their community at UK. In addition, the EdLife Scholars Director organizes social and professional activities with the assistance of assigned peer mentors. These include:
- Interaction with peers and faculty through casual, non-academic social events on and off campus
- Connected courses with your community of EdLife Scholars
- Alumni mentoring program
- Engagement with EdLife Scholar Peer Mentors
- Programming dedicated to professional development, networking, and community building
- Career exploration and interaction within the community and school partnerships
- Healthy cooking demonstrations facilitated by UK Dining Services
- Early exposure to research experiences with faculty mentors
- The opportunity to make a small group presentation in UK’s Undergraduate Research Showcase
Education Track and Health & Wellness Track
- Chellgren Hall
- Located near the Seaton Center (where kinesiology and health promotion classes are held), the William T. Young library, The 90 (popular dining facility), the Jacobs Science Building, the Johnson Recreation center, and a short walk to Kroger Field.
Accepted students who are ready to apply for housing and the EdLife Scholars Living Learning Program, can find more information here.
For additional information regarding EdLife Scholars, please contact Kayland Denson.