The University of Kentucky College of Education is No. 14 in the nation and the top-ranked school in Kentucky for earning an online master’s degree in education. In the specialty ranking section, UK’s online master’s program in special education is ranked at No. 7 in the nation. The “2022 Best Online Master’s in Education Programs” rankings were released today by U.S. News and World Report.
“Our programs are strongly rooted at a traditional brick-and-mortar academic campus. At the same time, the UK College of Education has become a hub of online learning. Some of our programs were among the first in the nation to offer degrees that can be completed fully online, so our faculty have developed a deep expertise in online course design. And we are helping shape the next generation of instructional designers who will continue to innovate online learning experiences through our Instructional Systems Design program,” said UK College of Education Dean Julian Vasquez Heilig.
U.S. News gives high marks to online programs that excel in student-instructor access, graduation rates, and instructor credentials, among other key indicators of program quality. Highly-ranked programs also excel at educating distance learners while offering robust career and financial support.
Among the college’s fully online offerings are master’s degrees in:
- Health Promotion
- Instructional Systems Design
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Principal Preparation
- Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling (Counselor Education), which is consistently ranked in the top 10 Rehabilitation Counseling Programs in U.S. News’ Best Health Schools rankings
- Research Methods in Education
- Special Education
- Teacher Leadership
The college’s hybrid online master’s programs include:
- Literacy Education
- Master of Arts in Orientation and Mobility
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Secondary STEM Education (includes teacher certification with options in Math and Science)
- Teacher Preparation Program in Visual Impairments
The UK College of Education master’s programs provide opportunities for career growth and enhancement for teachers, school administrators, and other professionals working in careers related to health, sport, and education.
To learn more about the more than 70 degrees and programs at the UK College of Education, visit education.uky.edu.