College of Education Offers New Resources for Kentucky Education Reforms
In 2009, the Kentucky General Assembly passed Senate Bill 1, the state’s most recent education policy law. Senate Bill 1, now referred to as “Unbridled Learning,” includes significant policies and opportunities for higher education in general and teacher education programs in particular. To support the implementation of Unbridled Learning initiatives in all programs and departments, the University of Kentucky College of Education has established a new webpage, “Unbridled Learning: College and Career Readiness for All,” located at http://sites.education.uky.edu/sb1/ .
The Unbridled Learning resource webpage offers information including:
- New state policies for higher education and teacher education programs
- Research-based resources for highly effective teaching and learning practices
- Information about assessment of student learning
- Explanations about college and career readiness initiatives, and
- Details about undergraduate education at UK related to Unbridled Learning
Faculty are encouraged to visit the site and become familiar with the new state policies and requirements that will impact our undergraduate programs. The new reforms pave the way for widespread, active engagement and collaboration among educator preparation programs, faculty across UK, and P-12 schools in Kentucky.
Feedback on the organization and content of the website is welcome. The site includes space for faculty members to email questions, concerns, comments, and input to UK’s “Unbridled Learning” Design Team. Come take a look at the exciting work occurring to enhance the quality of P-20 education in the Commonwealth.