15 Education Students Named to SEC Spring Academic Honor Roll
The UK College of Education placed 15 students on the 2012 Spring Sports Southeastern Conference (SEC) Academic Honor, which was announced by SEC Commissioner Mike Slive.
The 2012 Spring SEC Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2011 summer and fall terms and the 2012 spring term. Among other qualifications, student-athletes must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution. Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
Student-athletes from the College of Education are:
- Macy Allen – Softball – Exercise Science
- Darryl Bradshaw – Men’s Track – Social Studies Education
- Michelle Canterna – Women’s Track – Exercise Science
- Ginny Carroll – Softball – Exercise Science/Human Nutrition
- Steve Crouse – Men’s Track – Elementary Education
- Kara Dill – Softball – Exercise Science
- Ashleigh Gustafson – Softball – Special Education (Severe/Moderate Disabilities)
- Aubrey Lamar – Softball – Exercise Science
- Julie Nunn – Women’s Track – Exercise Science
- Kayla Parker – Women’s Track – Exercise Science
- Allison Peare – Women’s Track – Middle School Education
- Ashlee Rose – Women’s Golf – Special Education (Severe/Moderate Disabilities)
- Erika Silence – Softball – Special Education (Severe/Moderate Disabilities)
- Jennifer Svoboda – Women’s Track – Exercise Science
- CeCe Witten – Women’s Tennis – Exercise Science
Special thanks to UK Athletics for contributing to this story.