Information for Prospective Students
- Are you an individual who is interested in an undergraduate degree within the University of Kentucky's teacher education program? If so, please click here!
- Are you an individual who currently holds an undergraduate degree and wants to become a teacher? If so, you will need to apply to the Masters Initial Certification Program in a specific content area. If so, please click here!
MIC Program Prerequisites
Matt Turner reflects on his MIC experience (text)
Amanda Best reflects on her MIC experience (text)
Tyler Kissner reflects on his MIC experience (text)
Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum GPA of 2.75 in an approved major in a subject area covered by the MIC, and an overerall GPA of 2.75.
- Admission to the UK Graduate School which requires a minimum of 2.75 undergraduate GPA, 3.0 GPA in any graduate work, and standardized test scores.
- Demonstration of adequate skills in written and oral communication.
- Demonstration of complex skills, understandings, and dispositions through the medium of faculty interviews, admission portfolio materials, and written or oral tasks at the time of the admission interview.
- GRE 150 verbal score, and 143 Quantitative sections and a minimum score of 4.0 on the Analytical Writing Section.