Dr. Rose Boulay, Office Director
The Mission of the Office of Student Engagement, Equity and Diversity is to enhance the academic experience of College of Education students through the development and management of co-curricular activities. The office partners with different units within the College of Education with the following goals:
- maintain a supportive and inclusive environment for College of Education students from the time of their enrollment through graduation;
- intellectually connect and engage students with all aspects of the College’s programs and initiatives, the Lexington community, and beyond.
- create a vibrant community of discipline-specific student organizations that can provide all students with mentoring and support in their pursuit of professional careers and certificates.
- develop multiple paths for students to follow in pursuing personal, educational, leadership and professional growth; and,
- provide opportunities for all students to participate in, experience and embrace diversity.
All programs and activities supported by the Office of Student Engagement, Equity and Diversity are geared towards success of all students, regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, geographical location, religion, and disability.
What students will find in the Office of Student Engagement, Equity and Diversity:
- A friendly welcome
- Useful information regarding the college and the community
- Mentoring and survival tips for academic success
- Suggestions on how to get involved in the college
- Help in connecting with Student organizations
- Career development and networking information
- A regular program of educational workshops and professional development activities
- Help in admission to teacher education programs, including help for doing well on required basic skill testing
- Help in connecting with community engagement and volunteer opportunities
- Advocacy in times of stress or personal difficulties