Arvle and Ellen Turner Thacker Research Fund
Established in September, 2002 by Helen Thacker Hill
The Arvle and Ellen Thacker Turner Research Fund was established to provide mini-grants in support of the research efforts of doctoral graduate students in the College of Education. Grants of up to $1,000 are available to College of Education doctoral candidates who have passed their qualifying examination and are working on their dissertation. The College of Education Research Advisory Committee will review the applications and make the awards
We anticipate awarding 3 grants with funding available July 1, 2013.
The application consists of the following:
3 page proposal (single spaced, Times Roman font, minimum 10 point) to include:
- Introduction and Statement of the Problem.
- Specific Aims
Plans to disseminate the findings
- Other Items (not included in page limit maximum)
- Detailed Budget with justification for expenses (items such as salary, gift cards, computers, tablets are not permissible).
- Letter of support from dissertation adviser.
- Biosketch/vita/resume (choose one format)
It is expected that recipients of this scholarship will present their completed or work in progress at the annual Spring Research Conference sponsored by the University of Cincinnati, University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2013
Submit all application materials electronically to:
Dr. Robert Shapiro
Associate Dean for Research and Innovation
Lexington, KY 40506-0001